Have you ever driven by a house and thought “Wow, I wonder how much that house is worth?” Well if you’ve ever wondered about the value of a certain “home” at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, we have the answer for you!
The current estimated value of the White House is $294.9 million according to Zillow! If you were to purchase the White House you could expect a whopping monthly payment of approximately $1,127,000. Of course that is assuming you would be putting the average 20% down and financing for 30 years with an interest rate of 4%. Maybe you’re not in the market to buy and renting better suits you. Would you want to be the one to write that $1.75 million check every month for rent? I know I wouldn’t!
Obviously the White House won’t be on the market anytime in the foreseeable future, and let’s face it, not many of us could afford that hefty price tag! Below are some interesting facts about the “People’s House”.
Fun White House Facts:
- Construction started in 1792
- There are 132 rooms, 35 bathrooms, and 6 levels in the Residence. There are also 412 doors, 147 windows, 28 fireplaces, 8 staircases, and 3 elevators for a total of 55,000 square feet
- The grounds cover 52 acres total
- To paint the exterior of the White House , you would need 570 gallons of paint
- Approximately 6,000 people EVERY day
Here is a link to some amazing high-end homes in the Treasure Valleythat ARE on the market!
If you are looking to live more modestly, here are some fantastic listings in Boise, ID and the surrounding areas that are a little more budget-friendly.