One of the most common questions home owners ask about carpet cleaning is how often do I need to have them cleaned. There are several answers to this question. In this article we will go over how often carpets should be cleaned and also have a quick guide for you on how to get common stains out of your carpet without having to call a professional carpet cleaning company.
There are several factors to consider when wondering how often you should have your carpets professionally cleaned. The time frames I am going to talk about are suggestions based on you keeping your carpets looking their best for the longest time possible.
One of the first things one should consider is do you have a carpet warranty? If you do you should read the warranty because it is required in most warranties to have your carpets cleaned every 12 to 18 months. If you don’t have a warranty then you will want to consider some of the following factors when you are wondering how often you should have your carpets cleaned.
Factors that will increase how often you should have your carpets professionally cleaned.
- Having Pets – They shed hair and dander and produce quite a bit of body oil that gets into the carpet more than you realize.
- Walking Barefoot – The oil from your feet is actually getting into your carpet
- You Cook Frequently – Cooking oils can soil your carpets and you don’t even know it. Small drops can float in the air and settle in the carpet and grab onto dirt.
- Allergy & Asthma Concerns – Carpet is the biggest filter in your home and it has been proven to be the healthiest floor for those suffering from allergies and asthma when it is maintained properly
- Kids – Last but not least. Having kids running throughout your home can increase the amount of spills and stains in your carpet along with extra dirt being brought inside on dirty shoes.
These are some of the biggest factors as to reasons why it would make sense to clean your carpets more frequently.
Carpets that need to be cleaned aren’t only an eye sore but they are loaded with pollutants and dirt. These particles in your carpet act like sandpaper and they break down carpet fibers every time you walk on them. That is why it is important to get your carpets cleaned on a regular basis.
Professional carpet cleaning should typically be done every 6 to 18 months (Depending on the amount of pets & children in the home) Carpet manufacturers warranty typically state that you should be vacuuming once per week for every person in the home (pets count too). So the question is are you that good about vacuuming in your home if so you could get away with having your carpets cleaned once every 18 months. For most people however vacuuming 2 times a week is pushing it. As a whole based on most people’s vacuuming habits and the amount of people and pets living in a home getting your carpets professionally cleaned every 9 months is a good baseline. For other people having numerous pets then every 6 months would make more sense.
If you have ever had a spill that turned into a stain on your carpet then you are like all of us. Nothing can be more frustrating than trying to get a stain out of your carpet and having no luck. Below is a guide for you to follow without having to call the professionals.
If you aren’t wanting to tackle getting rid of some tough stains or you are in need of a professional carpet cleaning in the Treasure Valley feel free to give Oxi Fresh of Boise Carpet Cleaning a call for a free estimate or visit our website to see the coupons we have available or to schedule an appointment online.
Oxi Fresh of Boise Carpet Cleaning - 208-629-8828
Proudly serving the entire Treasure Valley and locations in (click on city) Boise, Meridian, Nampa & Eagle.