We hope you enjoy this holiday season! Today, I want to offer a few safety tips so that you can celebrate the holidays without worry.
Happy holidays from our family to yours! We wish you the best this holiday season. Today, I wanted to share a few tips to make sure that you have a safe holiday with your family.
- Christmas lights. When you put your lights up, make sure that your light bulbs are intact and that the wires aren’t frayed.
- Christmas tree. If you have a live tree, make sure that you keep it watered, especially if you live in a dry climate. You don’t want your beautiful tree to become a fire hazard.
- Candles. Keep candles away from flammable materials. If you like to put candles in the window, keep them well away from the drapes and blinds.
- Exterior decorations. Don’t forget to use non-slip ladders when putting up decorations outside. Use plastic hooks and attachments for holiday lights; you don’t want to cause any sparks or fires.
- Traveling. Make sure that you inform your neighbors that you will be out of town so that they can keep an eye on your house. Keep your lights on a timer to make it look like there is someone home in the evening. Have a neighborhood kid shovel the sidewalk while you’re gone, too. An unshoveled walk makes it clear that no one is home.
I hope you found these tips helpful. Have a wonderful season and, as always, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any real estate questions. I would be happy to help you!