Winter is the perfect time to make your home more energy efficient, keeping you warm and saving you money.
As the air begins to turn colder, it’s a good time to discuss energy efficiency and ways you can incorporate it into your home this winter. Here are some simple things you can do:
1. Have your furnace serviced. By servicing, cleaning, and replacing the filter of your furnace, it will run more efficiently and save energy. You’ll be sure to see the results on your electric or gas bill. Reach out to your preferred heating and cooling company to schedule a servicing appointment.
2. Clean out your ducts. Thoroughly clean them and make sure they aren’t closed or covered by furniture.
3. Use LED bulbs. As you change out light bulbs, make sure to replace them with the LED variety. They save energy and last longer, saving you money down the road.
"You’ll be sure to see the results on your electric or gas bill."
4. Add rugs to living spaces. Your rugs will provide an extra layer of insulation by keeping the warmth from seeping out through your flooring and by providing a barrier between your feet and the cool, hardwood surface.
5. Add plastic sealant to windows. You can easily find this at Lowe’s or similar hardware stores. This helps prevent cold drafts from leaking into the house.
Following these tips will help to keep your home warm and energy efficient this winter. If you have any real estate needs or other questions, feel free to reach out to us. We look forward to hearing from you.